9.02.2008

I approve: Perfume

I have recently become obsessed with perfume. Yes, yes, I know. Last year I was obsessed with wine. The year before it was pilates. Yesterday it was OPI Pompeii Purple nail polish on my toes (which I, of course, approve of as well.) But let me tell you, I think this perfumista-stage will last longer than my short-lived obsession with kale. That's just like chewing velvet after awhile.

Anyways. So, I've always loved perfume and own what I believe to be an abnormal amount of perfume for the average 21-year old college female. Here's my inventory...

Burberry "Brit"_someone told me that it "smells like old money" on me. I've worn it every winter since.
Bvlgari "Blv"_nice and powdery, a gift from my dad in middle school. apparently he thought I was mature.
Marc Jacobs "Essence" _reminds me a little of Juicy, a sparkly barbie scent
Benefit "Maybe Baby"_a GOOD rose, similar to Stella but much less in yo face
Victoria's Secret "SuperModel"_blame my obsession with Adriana Lima but I'm a sucker for VS. also, this just plain smells delightful.
Anna Sui Dolly Girl "Bonjour L'Amour"_reminds me of an Escada. if you're familiar with Escada you know it won't matter which one.
Chanel "Chance"_senior year of high school, mmm spicy.
L'Occitane "Eau de Miel" (honey)_purchased in Paris. smells just like melted honey and flowers.
La Voglia Matta "Oops Summer"_purchased in Italy. the moment I smelled it, I wanted to cuddle with myself. green apple-tastic.
Les Divines Alcoves "Aux Anges"_solid scent from Anthropologie. this is all my favorite scents in perfect balance...a little gardenia, a little jasmine and a little tuberose.
Thymes "Kimono Rose"_I guess I like the roses. reminds me of Fresh "sugar lychee"
Bond no. 9 "Chinatown"_given to me by my boyfriend's mom. amazing lady, amazing perfume.

I know, eclectic mix of scents. My collection is not complete, however! There are a few more beautiful bottles that I would love to call my own.

Anything Creed_I haven't found my personal favorite yet, but I'm starting to really like "Love in Black" and "Virgin Island Water." "Love in White" just isn't me.
Victor and Rolf "Flowerbomb"_it just works on my skin. it's like aquolina "pink sugar" without the nausea and headaches, plus a lil' patchouli which I always love.
Bond no. 9 "Saks Fifth Ave for her"_this will probably be my next purchase, it's tuberose done RIGHT! (unfortunately, fracas smells like crap on me!)

So there's me in a bottle. or 12.

This is where you come in, good readers. I cannot seem to find a good fall scent (besides the way my clothes and hair smell after standing by a bonfire for a few hours, mmmmm.) Let me know if you have any suggestions for a good fall perfume that doesn't potentially require a fire extinguisher. or I'd love any other scentillating (I know, I'm awful) input.

No comments: