3.31.2008

I approve: Shawty Get Loose

I will admit that though I like to think of myself as a *slight* hip-hop snob (exceptions: "Low" Flo Rida) I have recently become OBSESSED with Lil' Mama, Chris Brown and T-Pain's new joint "Shawty Get Loose."

Lil' Mama rocks the role as the lyrical headliner. Though there are few notable lines, I did sorta liked this one-

"L.I.L You betta ask somebody
I been on my grind since butt-touch-potty"

haha, since butt-touch-potty. classy. However, it doesn't even matter what she says, because the beat is catchy enough to make me want to shake something regardless the lack of actual lyrical content.

Chris Brown takes the hook with his smooth and synthesized vocals. T-Pain kinda sucks. Check out part of his rap...


"NAPPY BOi!!!!
WHAT IT DO(do)
TELL iT TO DA PAiZZiAN
YOU ALREADY KNO
TELL EM' ON THE MiZZiAN
SHAWTY KEEP MESSiN WiT DA LiZZAMZ
iMMA HAVE YOU LOOSE ON DA FLO
U GON BE STEPPiN WiT A KiZZiAN"

Even though I don't understand a word (on or off the paper) I still love "DA PAIZZZIAN!"

With the release of this new single Lil' Mama has clearly rebounded from her painful Wet 'n Wild "Lip Gloss" and has upgraded exponentially (to Dior Addict gloss, perhaps?) Her performance in the music video has also somewhat rationalized her previously inexplicable role as dance judge on MTV's "Randy Jackson's Best Dance Crew." She's mighty flexible.

watch it here

I find it hard to believe that there isn't any copyright infringement regarding this video, seeing as how the video obviously got its inspiration from Michael Jackson's "Scream" video, featuring Janet.

Scream

2 comments:

chelsea said...

care to elaborate?

Unknown said...

okay so, i have some songs you may or may not love.

BUT i think i should email them to you because they are amazing kanye west mixes and mash-ups?

good for working out to. (pilates..not so much. but they are wonderful treadmill fare.)

interested?